Your Summer Personal Achievement Plan
by Kevin Hogan
Questions to Ask Yourself
Evaluation is a worthwhile activity because it can help keep
you honest about your efforts, it can reveal holes in your plans
and it can inspire you to keep going when you notice even
moderate results happening.
This is particularly true if you have an evidence process for your
That's why I like 1000 words. You can count that.
I don't like stuff I can't quantify.
I like stuff I can say I did...or didn't do.
"I worked on cutting the lawn today."
Did you or did you NOT do it?!
The lawn IS DONE or IT IS NOT DONE.
Keep evaluation SIMPLE.
There are two types of evaluation you should do periodically.
The first involves frequent evaluation of your daily actions.
Every one to two weeks, take a few moments, perhaps 10 minutes, to answer these
The other type of evaluation can be done monthly or even
quarterly; and it should focus more on your long-term progress
rather than your daily actions.
- Are you sticking to your original plans?
- Could you improve upon your sequences in any way?
- Have you had to move to Plan B at any time?
- If so, how is that working out for you?
- Do you need a Plan C?
- Can you see room for improvement in your original plans?
- Have you made any modifications?
- If so, are they working better for you?
- Have your results met your expectations so far?
- If not, why not?
- What can you do to improve your results?
Answer these questions:
For the Final Step in your Pre-Plan...Turn the page...
- Are your plans moving you in the right direction?
- Is your ultimate goal still the same, or are you considering
a change in direction?
- Can you think of any ways to improve upon your original plans?
- What are you learning about yourself through this process?
- Have you developed a stronger appreciation of any aspect of
- Which of your qualities and habits still need improvement?
- How can you begin to expand your potential and stretch your
- Are you beginning to think of even larger outcomes you can
Continue: Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Network 3000 Publishing
16526 W. 78th St. #138
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Article photos on this page appear under license with istockphoto/delihayat.